Thursday 10 April 2014

The Baileys Shortlist, #1 to #3

Although extremely disappointed by the omission of Rachel Kushner's The Flamethrowers, Elizabeth Gilbert's The Signature of All Things, and, especially, Eleanor Catton's The Luminaries from the shortlist, all of which are better than Hannah Kent's Burial Rites, which did make the list, I thought I would post links to my reviews of the three books on the shortlist I have read. Of those, I'm backing Americanah, but I will return to the topic once I've had a chance to read and review the other three shortlisted titles.




Read


To come


The Undertaking: Audrey Magee

A Girl is A Half-Formed Thing: Eimear MacBride

The Lowland: Jhumpa Lahiri

2 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see if you think MacBride's book should beat Adichie's - I'll be keeping my eye out for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to like MacBride's novel so much I'm a bit scared to read it in case it disappoints :)

    ReplyDelete