Tuesday 16 July 2013

Kindled


As a karmic lesson for purchasing a Kindle, I managed to leave it at Stansted when off for my recent conference in Salzburg. Although I've now managed to recover it from lost property, its absence for the past week has scuppered my blog post schedule somewhat, as I've had to read entirely different books to the ones I planned. I managed to get hold of a paperback copy of Ian McEwan's latest, Sweet Tooth, which I will be reviewing shortly, and I also read Elizabeth Gaskell's The Life of Charlotte Bronte, which I had with me, and Annie Proulx's The Shipping News. Apart from the Sweet Tooth review, the updated schedule should look like this:

Friday 19th July: Farthest North and Farthest South #3: Burial Rites by Hannah Kent

Friday 26th July: Fallen Land by Patrick Flanery

No comments:

Post a Comment