Thursday 29 December 2011

To Be Read Pile To Be Dead Pile This Year

This post is simply to make a public announcement that I am tired of having a TBR pile, and hope to get rid of it this year. My pile is not nearly as large as many people's, and only comprises about ten or fifteen books, so this shouldn't be too much of a challenge, but I found throughout this year that although I read many books from the pile, I added to it at about the same rate as I took away, thus maintaining its size. My resolution is therefore to read at least two books from the pile for each one I add - I'm tired of buying exciting new books but not being able to read them right away.

Top 10 books of the year coming on 31st December - I hope to squeeze one or two more reads in before then, so they should be allowed to qualify! (I'm currently reading Sarah Hall's brilliant The Beautiful Indifference - she's one of those rare writers who can write novels and short stories of equal calibre).

No comments:

Post a Comment